With hope for a return to a more normal village life, here is our provisional schedule of events for the rest of 2021 and the start of 2022. We’ll provide more information when it becomes available.
- 23rd September 2021 at 5pm, Dinedor Village Hall AGM – please come along and support your committee.
- 5th October 2021 at 4.30pm, Afternoon Tea and Talk – This is a new community event, on this occasion with Tim Shelley of Haygrove Community Garden, Ross-on-Wye. He will be addressing the topic of gardening in the community.
- 11th October 2021 at 3.45pm, visit by Herefordshire Council CEO Paul Walker to Dinedor Talk Community Hub
- December 2021 (date to be decided), 25th Anniversary and Christmas Celebration – Dinedor Village Hall is 25 years old (or rather, it was during the pandemic!). This will include a Christmas Card post and pick-up so that you can send your season’s greetings to your community friends.
- January 2022, COP 26 comes to Dinedor – When a panel of 3 will discuss the implications of climate change both locally and internationally.
- February 2022, Italian Evening – Hosted by Joan and Peter Houghton. Bring along your valentine.
Please come and join us, we look forward to seeing you all soon.
During November we have had a hearing loop installed in the hall. We also have wireless microphones that are connected into the loop. Our next stage is to link this into a wider public address setup, which includes speakers installed in the ceiling.
Our thanks go to Deaf Direct who installed the system and to MBS Charitable Foundation who part funded the equipment.
Dinedor’s annual charity sports day will be held on the 27th July in and behind the village hall. As always, there will be a bar, traditional stalls and fun sports events for the whole family. This is a fantastic way to spend a summer Saturday afternoon.
More details will be added nearer the time.
Joan Houghton will be hosting a talk and supper in the village hall on the 27th April. This is an all-ticket event as we need to know numbers in advance for Joan’s catering.
This promises to be an interesting and informative evening for all those interested in travel, with some delicious Indian food to tickle our taste buds. Contact Marlene, Delyth or Allan for a ticket, or fill in the ‘Any Other Enquiries’ form here.
A great time was had by all at the Cheese and Chutney Evening on Saturday 29th September.
We had many entries for the chutney competition. All were delicious, but by popular vote Judy’s chilli jam came out as the worthy winner – congratulations! Our thanks go to all those who took part. The quiz was also keenly contested and was won by the Judy’s table, we can see a pattern emerging here!
Our guests also enjoyed the heads and tails game and guessing the weight of the unfeasibly large courgette.
The evening was a great success, raising about £300 for the village hall funds, but equally we hope was enjoyed by everyone.
Thanks to all those who helped to organise, run and clear up after the event. We would also like to thank Asda, Morrisons and Tesco for their kind donations towards the evening.